MToday vs MChronicle

MToday vs MChronicle


MToday vs MChronicle

Posted: 29 Dec 2010 06:16 PM PST

To be honest, I have not read Malaysia Today for a very very long, long, long time. Because initially I thought RPK was an agent of PKR. Then I found out how wrong I was.

In the last few months or so, I noticed that RPK seems to have turned his attention away momentarily from disclosing the wrongdoings of BN and went on a hunt for the wrong-doings of Pakatan Rakyat.

Then a deluge of exchanges between a "YL Choong" guy and Wong Choon Mei of Malaysia Chronicle started us on the radar screen to find out what was happening in digital newsportal.

I find it interesting to observe and read that when RPK was on the shooting spree of BN, all the digital newsportal went on a march together with MToday to do maximum coverage and damage to BN.

But when RPK focuses on the short-comings of Pakatan Rakyat, all the goonies in PR fired back at RPK. This I believe, is the blindness that a lot of us politicians suffer when our identity or core values surrounding a political ideology is challenged.

They cant seem to detach themselves from their own shadows and step back (for a while) to ascertain if what is said about their Party or Struggle is at fault.

Another thing I didnt know until recently was that somehow or somewhat that our Batu MP Tian Chua is associated with MChronicle. And this is not my assertion but the findings of RPK. Therefore I have no great urge to deny what RPK says so.

If that is the case, could MChronicle have been used all these while to discredit the workings of the PM and also BN so that a long term goal can be achieved for PR? Putrajaya??

Another thing I did observe is that, no matter what you say or dont like about RPK, there is no shortage of readers out there who is dead-loyal to what RPK have to say about the future of politics in Malaysia.

I think if you think deep and hard enough, you may be able to come to a conclusion that what RPK is really doing is for the good of the country. And that is, to expose the amount of abuse, corruption etc that have been present in the system for too long and to get the country back on track.

And that includes firing the mis-deeds of both BN and PR if they exist.

If that is the ultimate goal and I believe now, after reading MToday for the last 3 years, we should applaud the efforts of RPK and urge him to continue doing so no matter which side of the political divide all of us belong to.

Because in the end, we must always remember, it is not the politicians that are the masters of this country, it is the voters, the citizens that are the determinants …

Today may be the 2nd last day for 2010, but I can smell a lot more is going to happen politically for the country in the days ahead … so lets keep tap … esp what RPK has to say … coz I am!


No comments:

Post a Comment